seriously, i owe firstlightglass a HUGE apology. not only have i slacked on writing up this feature since she was crowned the hands-down winner of october's design challenge, but because she and i have NEVER traded. her shop is GORGEOUS. and having worked alongside several lampworkers/fused glass artists, i know how much work goes into what she does!
mama by day, glass artist by night (or whenever she can squeeze it in), Dawn makes gorgeous dichroic fused glass pendants, fused glass artworks such as candle holders and fabulous plates and nightlights - and my favorites - slumped glass bottle spoonrests and cheese boards! she has a wonderful sense of color and design which is reflected in the photographs of her work in her etsy shop. with a background in architecture, fine art and city planning, Dawn definitely redefines "renaissance woman".
working from her home studio in jacksonville, FLA, Dawn continues to make awesome creations that delight all of us tradeaholics! thank you, Dawn, for sharing your amazing work with us!!!
now, the details for february's design challenge! Dawn has chosen the theme "It's COLD Outside!" as inspiration this time around.
the rules are simple:
- entries will be accepted until february 17th, 2011.
- only one entry per shop
- all entries MUST be handmade and listed for sale/trade in your Etsy shop. (no supplies or destash please!)
- all entries must reflect in some way the current theme "it's cold outside!"
- tag your item with this month's challenge tag "tradefebruary11" so that people can find your item!
- starting on february 10th, CONVO muffintopdesigns with a photo of your entry (it's easier to post on blogspot that way - plus it keeps me better organized)
Feel free to promote the challenge - and yourself! - via facebook, twitter, etsy, your blog or hot air balloon! the voting will start on february 19th and go till the 26th!
thanks to you all - especially firstlightglass! - for being so awesome! happy holidays and as always - TRADE ON!
xoxoox muffin & raevyn