Tuesday, March 24, 2009
so, i want to hear what you think! i've put a poll up on the sidebar with possible time frames we could be looking at, so please cast your vote!
Friday, March 20, 2009
speaking of trades... the grand total (give or take a few - my math skills are cr*ppy) of trades this time around was 209!!!!! HOLY COW!!!!!
so, for the next time, the challenge is to beat sparklegarden and to beat 209 trades in total!!!! do you think we can do it???? LOL!!!!!!!!!!! we will probably have another Trade and Stay in about a month and a half or so... so get to stocking up your shop!!!!!
just FYI - we were discussing the issue of fee avoidance in the chat thread. so everyone knows, the team does NOT condone changing your prices to 0.20 cents during your trades. ETSY considers this fee avoidance and if it becomes rampant, they may shut the team down. i definitely do NOT want this to happen! here is what ETSY says about fee avoidance:
"Fee Avoidance: The price stated in each item listing description must be an accurate representation of the sale. Sellers may charge reasonable shipping and handling fees to cover the costs for packaging and mailing the items. Sellers may not charge excessive shipping fees or otherwise avoid fees. You may not alter the item's price after a sale for the purpose of avoiding Etsy transaction fees, misrepresent the item’s location, or use another user’s account without permission."
i hope that it makes sense and that all of us understand... i know that fees are a b*tch, but so is karma!
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
- the trade and stay will go for 4 days ONLY - Sunday, March 15th to Wednesday, March 18th at midnight.
- the link to the thread will be posted here, on the chat thread, and sent to everyone on the mailing list.
- it is a Trade and Stay - if someone trades with you, we just add their shop to the list and yours stays! you cannot be added to the list unless you trade onto the list - meaning that you have to trade with someone who is currently on the list to get onto the list (hoo boy, that's a lot of repeating! sorry!)
- once again, we're also going to track the # of trades that everyone does next to their shop name... oh, the TRUE addicts are going to be revealed, LOL. our little raevyn77 was crowned "Trade Queen/Ho" last time... i wonder who it will be this time!
- the lovely flamingolady, equivoque, raevyn77, makingsbymary and myself will try to keep the lists as accurate as possible - so be patient with the updated list!!! sometimes we get carried away with chatting and trading, LOL! we're going to try to keep you happy traders in line, so please post your trades on the thread and one of us will update it!
- please refresh yourself with the rules on trading here on the blog. any disputes can be convoed to me and i'll try to help. and please don't forget your manners - if someone convos you for a trade, please respond - even if they don't have anything you need or want. it's better to get a "no" instead of no response at all!
and just in case you're interested, here is the list! it's made up of the first 15 shops that responded to my emails and posts on the chat thread!
http://butterflydesign1.etsy.com/ or http://earringparadise.etsy.com/
even if you're not trading - because you're all traded out - please drop in and chat with us! hope to see everyone there!
btw, the lovely jerseymaids has been perusing the larger etsy traders list here: http://etsytraders.blogspot.com/ and we've slowly been deleting empty and inactive shops. if you find one on your travels through the blogs, please let me know and i'll get it cleaned up ASAP. it's an ongoing process (right, indulgentcreations!) but one day we'll have everything current!
if you are closing shop, want off the lists and/or to cancel your membership with the tradeaholics, please also let me know!READY, SET, TRADE ON!
Saturday, March 7, 2009
i'm feeling like we're ready! lol! how does Sunday, March 15th - Wednesday, March 18th sound???? yes, it's coming up soon... but i know you guys would be up for the challenge!
so, if you've caught up with your trades from the last event, let's do this again! (of course, if you're all traded out, you totally don't have to trade - but feel free to join in on the thread! you KNOW you love to chat!)
i'll take the first 8 shops that convo me to be our "start list". so get listing, everyone!!!!!!!!